Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Thu Jul 16, 2009

ON TODAY'S SHOW CRNTALK.com

Barbara Eden - "I Dream of Jeannie"
Barbara Eden (born Barbara Jean Morehead on August 23, 1934) is an American film and television actress and singer who is best known for her starring role in the sitcom I Dream of Jeannie. Eden starred in I Dream of Jeannie as Jeannie, a genie set free from her bottle by astronaut Captain (later Major) Anthony Nelson, played by Larry Hagman. Barbara was initially passed over for the role as she was blonde and of small stature, but Sidney Sheldon called on her when he was unable to find a suitable brunette to play the part. I Dream of Jeannie was a mild success in the ratings, and it ran from 1965 until 1970, and during this time Eden was nominated twice for Golden Globe Awards. She later reprised her Jeannie role in two made-for-TV reunion movies (I Dream of Jeannie: 15 Years Later in 1985 and I Still Dream of Jeannie in 1991), and in the last scene of the theatrical movie A Very Brady Sequel. She also has played Jeannie in many TV commercials (AT&T, Lexus, Old Navy). I Dream of Jeannie has gone on to become one of the most successful series in international syndication earning Barbara Eden many fans over the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment